Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sorry Seems The Hardest Word !!

First of all I am still working on getting the second part of Pope Shnouda III’s interview with Abdel Latif El-Manawy which was aired last Monday 8 PM CLT , yes it turned out that I was wrong and the interview was fully aired on Sunday as I though. You can check its first part here.

Second of all I am shocked because after that interview with its two parts I had a big hope that this ugly sectarian ghost will disappear for awhile but I was wrong because in less than 24 hours from the second part of the news sector’s interview we found that that the Pope made another interview in Al Hayat TV where he insisted that he did not apologize but rather expressed his sorrow !!!! You Can watch the interview after the break “Sorry for the bad quality”

Pope Shnouda III speaks on Al Hayat TV

I expressed my sorrow but I did not apologize for what happened and caused discomfort for the Muslims !!??

I do not understand that statement because what he had said on Sunday was understood all over the world as an apology , seriously I do not understand it !!

Already I do not know why Al Hayat TV made that interview , the interview of the News sector was enough , we do not need to remind people with what happened n the past couple of weeks , of course I understand that these interviews are pre-scheduled and may be Al Hayat was not that lucky like the News sector but honestly the Manawy’s interview covered all points in a way that I did not expect it.We are not in the media race to get a scoop here for God sake !!

I understand that the Pope is in a very critical position and some Christians were disturbed that he apologized on National TV to Egyptian Muslims like that for what Bishoy  had said but these Christians must remember that “ Apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift” as someone once said , that apology which the pope insisted that did not take place  did not insult the Pope or the Church on the contrary , it was a wise admirable action to calm things down.

It seems that some people do not want things to calm down after all.

1 comment:

  1. That's true, there was no apology or "official apology" in Shnouda's interview. All he said was that he was sorry that Muslims were offended by the statements of Bishoy.

    عبر عن أسفه ولكن لم يعتذر
    هناك فرق كبير

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.