Thursday, June 14, 2007

Safari for windows so what ??

At last after long time Safari , the famous Apple browser is now can be used on Windows OS , of course this is another bad news for IE and MS , a new competitor has just arrived exactly from two days ago

I was so interested in testing it , already I always read about its capabilities and thus without any introductions I downloaded and installed it

To tell you the truth I am not that impressed seriously after all I am using IE,FF and Opera and thus I don't find anything interesting in it , its speed is normal and on the contrary I am so angry that the software giant didn't support Arabic as it should be in its software !!

May be it is my computer ,but this is how any Arabic page looks in Safari

Click on the image below

Of course I won't be fair or honest if I say that I wasn't impressed by the CSS capabilities in Safari after reading in its developer site,it is quite impressive with lots of CSS3 goodies,the Websites with CSS goodies look great in it  ,still the Arabic language kills me not to mention the times it crushed in  ,they are so many now and it bugs me

Of course it is still beta so we can't judge on that ,no way for sure

Try it if you are interested in knowing what the Mac users are proud of ;)

2 comments:

  1. Number One Son is trying out the beta version and says it's similar to Firefox. Since I've had problems with Safari for both online banking (it shuts down in a security mode) and blogger (many features don't even show up), I'm a bit skeptical myself. I use Safari for everyday surfing, but when it comes to accomplishing the feats I mention above, I use Firefox. It is interesting that neither Apple nor Windows can come up with a "safe" browser that can accomodate all the tricks of the internet - quite frustrating actually.
    Also, read lately the stuff from Apple for Windows (like Bootcamp) is full of security holes. As an ex-Windows user and current MAC user, I guess we can only be grateful for what we're given. I hate to say it, but Apple and Windows are the virtual gods of computers and particularly the internet. Maybe we should all get down on our knees and kowtow to them for their ????? -- Being too lazy to satisfy our desires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is right it is very similiar to FF , I don't know about blogger because it works fine in Safari at least for me

    I think you are right about apple and MS ,I think people forget that we are in the end not computer geeks ,but this is the human nature complain till the end

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.