Sunday, April 29, 2007

Miss Egypt 2007

Meet Miss Egypt 2007

Miss Ehasn Hatem

As far as I read this young lady is half Egyptian half American and barely can speak Arabic !!

she is really pretty but I am afraid this is not the Egyptian Beauty ,she is  more like a western than an Egyptian

The Egyptian Beauty is like Mona Zaki kind of Beauty

Anyhow it is silly contest and most people don't respect it

My grand mother always asks in wonder "What kind of a respectable house that will permit its daughter to join such contest and show her body??"

This wonder that is more of rejection is shared by most of Egyptians whether Muslims or Christians

Of course I can't describe you my Grand mother amazement when She knew that two girls we knew directly and indirectly were in the Miss Egypt 2005 ,one with me , a very sweet girl who left the Cairo university for the AUC and Mariam ,the Queen of 2005 herself indirectly as one of her best friends is from our relatives, So they are from the same class but it seems that they have different kind of thinking !!

Strangely the Organizers of the event every year swear that it is not about the look ,it is about the presentation ,personality and most important culture , well I won't speak about Presentation or Personality despite their importance but I will speak about culture and knowledge as Miss Egypt will represent Egypt and its people abroad , it seems every year ,the girls in the contest are more ignorant than the previous year

I mean a question from this year contest

"What is the greatest achievement for women in Egypt ??"

The answer

"The new divorce law which gives the women the right to divorce them even if the men don't approve !!"

well there is a french proverb that stays

"Be beautiful but shut up !!"

N.B I found it very silly that the Miss Egypt contest name is Pantene Miss Egypt !! Yup I know Pantene is the official sponsor but ......

4 comments:

  1. There are perks that draw women / girls in to these beauty contests - scholarships, cars, a free ride for a year, that sort of thing, plus the celebrity that goes along with being a beauty queen. I think to qualify, you should, at least be able to speak the native language. Also, this girl looks skanky - I wouldn't be surprised to find nude photos of her (or even a movie) somewhere, that suddenly crawls out of the woodwork when she hits the Miss World or whatever contest / the big time is called these days. She will get her 15 minutes of fame and maybe more, if she's not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well one thing for sure it is not for scholarships ,more for cars ,free dresses ,make up and such stuff
    you know I won't be surprised if I found nude photos or sex movie for her ,it is expected in this kind of contests
    several Miss Lebanon gals had photos and movies so it won't be long time to be transferred to Egypt just like the contest itself

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you oppose exactly ??

    i don't get it ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. well let's see I didn't say what I oppose in this kind of contest but from one of the reasons I think it is degrading for women to be judged on how they look like some maid in the maids market in Baghdad !!
    It is silly when 80% of the women in the country are struggling where as so ladies do nothing except smiling for the cameras

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.