Saturday, October 29, 2005

A day in the stars Center

Oh oh boy I am dying when I am writing this and ironically I have to update my MSN Space too and not even in the same topic no Copy and paste ,it is another thing
Anyway today without no introduction I went to Stars Center in City Stars ,Madinet Nasr ,First you have to know I live in Agouza Area ,so Madinat Nasr where City Stars is ,is a travel for me ,already everything is available where I live but what can you say I am girl like any girl loves shopping and it isn't like in any shopping when Benetton, Levi's and Mango open in Egypt.
And not to mention Virgin Mega Stores Egypt branch "Do you know that my graduation projects in Business Administration this Year was to open a same kind of Stores in Egypt ,but what Can u say Amad Adib took my idea!!!!!!"
I know that I shouldn't go while fasting ,but I got nothing to do so I went there and after terrible trip in Taxi accompanied with My Aunt 'She couldn't take the Car to Madinat Nasr as she doesn't know the Street well there',We arrived thank God and of course over the October Bridge I saw the other face of Egypt I didn't see before ,it is strange when you see a billboard of Mango and under it semi houses that people live in .
Anyway we arrived ,and of Course the first shop we went in to was Abd-Samd El-Qorashi, we love bokhor and his bokhor is Excellent despite his big big prices ,We bought some small Quantity ,we cannot afford buying 1000 E.P of Bokhor
To say the truth Stars Center is really impressive whether the building itself or the inerior design or how clean it is ,the Cafes and the restaurants ,it is so impressive also the names of the shops are so impressive.
First we went to Mango to see if something fits me as Petite ,already friend living in Dubai told me once that Mango the famous Spanish brand is suitable for me, So I had some hopes to get me some nice stuff and frankly I thought it won't be that expensive but .....
I was wrong the Gypsy short skirt that I don't know where can I dress it except in something of a Party is for 600 E.P ,yes I swear it is
and all what in the shop is on the same level of price
I even found a beige Coat ,I love coats ,but I got nasty problem that I am short ,,so I need a coat with a specail cut to suite my short petite shape, this Coat looked fine, yet it is for 1465 E.P something !!!!!!!a pair of gloves there is worth 96 E.P
My Aunt said a funny comment 'Are telling me that this Colombo coat worth 1000 E.P?!"
and so we left Mango with nothing in our hands
In front of it was Benetton ,the united Colors ,already I remember it was for Egypt then Closed after problems with the franchisee ,I was encouraged as I saw many people buying stuff from it ,but I was mistaken , two things I noticed in Benetton ,all the products either made in Syria or Italy ,yes Syria .
other thing is that the material isn't so great that worth the hundreds of pounds on the price label
I didn't like the material at all ,yes nice colors, but people use your minds, not because it is labeled of Benetton then it will be worth it
And so we left Benetton wit nothing in our hands
Where did we go ? to Bella Dona ,My favorite Cloth shop along with Newman and Rodiar
funny already the three shops got several branches nearby where I live
I bought nice stuff from Bella Donna
To where than ? to My idea and my dream place ,to Virgin Mega Store ,and as I entered I went immediately to the Book Section and Guess what I bought two novels one for Dame Agatha Christy and the other is the da Vinci Code ,all Book stores around me is selling the Arabic Translation and I wanted the original , Virgin mega store is great ,sellers are so nice ,and there I made my first encouter with A Mac PC for the first time and I discovered one thing it is not worth ,I didn't like the Keyboard or mouse , the LCD is fine ,but the idea of having one computer Piece is not practical in Egypt
The Prices of Computer programs there are Excellent I found Microsoft Encarta 2006 5Cds with a DVD only 270 E.P ,I was going to buy it ,except I postponed it till I buy a new Hard Drive as Mine is reaching its limits now
Not to mention the music section or the DVD Section ,it is best in Egypt ,yes indeed ,but they indeed to increase the Book section to include more Arabic Novels .
After that I went to Levi's store ,yet I didn't like anything there ,my Mobacco Newman Jeans collection that I have are still in good shape
after we left the place so we can reach our home before breakfast
This is was my day in Stars Center
Now I got a piece advice of some couple shops there , Decrease your price, you will increase your number of Customers
I have the JC penny catalogs with freemans of England ,both with currencies differences and fright in cost will be cheaper than buying from these expensive places
People we don't steal the Money ,but we earn it with hard work

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading "The Da Vinci Code." The first night I had it, I could not sleep before finishing 100 pages! I have never did this with any other book.

    The only problem with "fiction" in general is that you never know when the truth ends and when the fiction starts.

    I am almost 75% done with it. So far it is a very good thriller.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, Benetton opened khalas in City Stars?
    I was waiting for its opening. Throught all my childhood, Benetton was a special place from where I can buy nice clothes.
    And I really felt sad when it closed its latest shop few years ago.
    But "Syria"?
    Well, I will check it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Microsoft Encarta !!! No, no the days of the cdrom are long dead.

    Try this Encyclopedia instead. I bet if Encarta has a post about Ruby, Suad Hosni and an article that explains the scientific method better.

    And if you feel motivated you can even edit the articles or start a new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Egyptian in USA
    I will read it inshallah when I finish reading the Quran this Ramadan ,already I am in the 20th part
    @ Eman ,Benetton was my favorite too , but the prices arenot my favorite
    @Mostafa , Ruby Wikipedia is a good reason for me to buy Encarta

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.