Tuesday, February 14, 2006

word press or Blogger.com

Guys I am stuck
Now as a long time blogger I need much more options that aren't available in Blogger easily
and so after Alaa's advice to me I started to search and find out what is word press ,and really I was impressed
It is not for beginners or those who only need to post quickly ,it needs time and knowledge
But here is the problem I find it much better to download the program and host it on your site than to use it in Blogsome ,it is much flexible and it is worth to have such blog powered by WP with your domain ,yet this needs money and also needs a good server with specific requirements to work fine on it "latest PHP and so on"
I even tried it in free web hosting service ,just for trial and it is great especially with the feature of Importing previous posts from blogger

Well I can't find the suitable host despite we got one made by some Egyptian bloggers "other team supporting WP " in Tadween ,but I guess they don't host English blog ,ironically Tadween guys are leading a campaign in the Arab world to make people leave blogger and go for WP just like Manal and Ala quest to make people go to drupal !!

Another thing or another part of my problem I am emotionally attached here ,all my friends are here ,all my debates are in blogger ,sometimes I don't understand how i think or feel ,but it is true blogger.com became part of my blogging life

well I am just sharing my thoughts with you

2 comments:

  1. hi
    wordpress is really the best blogging tool especially for ppl who hate technical stuff.
    Drupal offers a great blog and a CMS but it's too complex to be a single blog-site.
    Worpress free hosts offers a wordpress version wich lacks a lot of featurs than the original wordpress.
    some of them (actually most of them) don't even let you modify the theme manually.
    the best of them is Weblogs.us which closed the registeration process monthes ago.
    the second is blogsome
    which it's main drawback that it doesn't have a WYSIWYG editor
    and when writing arabic in the posts titles the comments gets screwed
    for English blogs Blogsome should meet the general requirments than blogger.
    i hope i helped

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Memo well I guess I will wait till I got my card credit to buy some a good hosting account with a nice domain
    till then I will be here also I am learning everything I can about WP to make easy inshallah for the transfer

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.